- OBA NewsOBA Annual Dinner - 4 Nov 2016Posted: Wednesday, 28 September 2016Noyce Bros Wines - offerWe are most grateful to Noyce Bros Wines for their continued support of the Old Barker Association.
Noyce Bros Wines are offering all Alumni a 10% discount off the case price on their wine purchases for Christmas & the New Year & free freight.
Please contact Michael Noyce (1961...Posted: Friday, 4 December 2015Know Your School – Barker’s End of Year CelebrationWith the academic year drawing to a close, we take a look at the annual prize ceremony, which has also been known as Speech Day and Celebration.
The annual prize ceremony is one of Barker’s oldest traditions. When Barker College was in its infancy at Kurrajong Heights, Rev. Henry Plume ...Posted: Thursday, 26 November 2015Know Your School – Barker’s Christian HeritageOn 11 November 1918, Barker’s owner and Head, William Carter signed a contract transferring ownership of the School to the Church of England, now the Anglican Church. This week, we therefore look at Barker’s Christian heritage.
Barker College has always had a connection to the Ang...Posted: Friday, 20 November 2015Know Your School – The Barker machine gunThis week, we go back to Remembrance Day in 1921 when the School’s machine gun was unveiled. The College Barker (June 1922, pp. 1-3) reported on the events of the day.
“At 11am on Armistice Day, 1921, the School bell sounded one warning note, and at the signal all activities in an...Posted: Friday, 13 November 2015Know Your School – An ANZAC StoryKnow Your School – An ANZAC Story
This week, the Archives received a visit from Lloyd Sustenance, the son of Edward Sustenance, one of Barker’s World War One veterans. Here we recount Edward’s story.
Edward was born in 1894 in Balmain. After his mother died in 1899, Edwar...Posted: Wednesday, 4 November 2015
Welcome to the Barker Alumni Community DirectoryThis site is designed to keep you in touch with friends from Barker and give you new ways to stay informed and aware of what's happening in the Alumni community.
- Contact any member without revealing personal information (including email addresses)
- Use the Alumni business directory to create networking opportunities for you or your business
- Search the world for old friends
- View and leave messages on various bulletin boards
- Inform others of your activities via a biography facility
- Keep your personal information up-to-date easily, helping us provide the best level of service to our members
- View the quarterly Old Barker magazine to see the latest on what's happening at Barker.
To access the directory as a first time user please click the "First time user? Register" link located at the top of the login box to the right.
If you have any problems relating to this site, please contact:
Director of Alumni Relations
Phone: (02) 9847 8229
Fax: (02) 9476 1364